NHS COMMUNITY SERVICE
Posted on November 8, 2019 by skylineprep
The first weekend in November (Nov. 4) Skyline Prep High School National Honor Society completed their first community service project by participating in AAWL’s (Arizona Animal Welfare League) 5K Walk to Save Animals at Tempe Town Lake. Participants in the 2019 Walk to Save Animals directly help care for more than 4,000 homeless pets that come into AAWL’s shelter each year. The funds raised at this event allow AAWL to save animals at risk of euthanasia, provide medical care to sick or injured animals, provide additional behavior training to make pets more adoptable, and much more.
NHS raised $475 for AAWL which is a no-kill animal shelter (missing their $500 goal by only $25!)
Skyline Prep HS National Honor Society includes:
- President – Patience L
- Vice President – Melanyce C
- Julice L & Jamal C anticipate being invited to join NHS in the Spring – they are participating prior to the invitation to be sure they get in all their service hours and earn their blue/gold cords at graduation.
- NHS members are required to complete a minimum of 20 Group Community Service hours + a minimum of 20 Individual Service hours in addition to maintaining a high GPA & good citizenship.
- NHS members are also expected to raise funds for non-profits and for NHS
- NHS completed the 5K walk (along with friends and family members
Their next project is Feed My Starving Children and after that the students will facilitate groups at the Speak Up, Stand Up & Save Lives conference.
GREAT JOB FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS NHS!
top post here
Posted On July 23, 2021
Hello Skyline Prep High School Families! We are excited to...
Posted On May 11, 2021
Choosing a school for your student is a big decision....
Posted On May 10, 2021
Are you looking at school options for your child in...